Please read the rules CAREFULLY even if you have participated in the past. You are responsible to follow the rules exactly! At the end of the challenge if a name is drawn and that individual has not complied with ALL the rules, they will be disqualified and a new name will be drawn. If you have questions... ONLY contact STRADA through Facebook Messenger or Instagram Messenger
\This January, artists from all over the world will be participating in the STRADA painting and drawing daily challenge. Be entered to win one of 5 STRADA Easels by drawing upon finishing the challenge!
We are allowing participants to use Instagram or Facebook.
All painting, drawing and digital media are acceptable as long as you are working from life.
Working from life does NOT include working from TV, Zoom, or a computer screen.
It is not necessary to complete your piece in one day. However, there must be a noticeable difference in the work between days and each day must be from life. Toning a canvas or varnishing a painting do not qualify as painting from life.
Note: Please do not wait for a confirmation from STRADA before beginning the challenge on January 1. In the past there have been glitches on Instagram and Facebook where the confirmation message wasn't sent. Continue to reach out to us to confirm your registration but keep painting in the meantime.
From December 15-January 1st:
- Decide if you will be primarily using Instagram or Facebook. You are welcome to post on both social media platforms but we will only be checking the page you register with. If you are using Facebook and want to be followed on your artist page instead of your personal page, please specifically inform us of that at registration. Note: By registering for the STRADA challenge you give permission for STRADA to share your posts on our Facebook and Instagram pages. This is a busy time of year. Please allow five days for us to send confirmation of your registration.
- If you are using Facebook: Register for the competition by sending STRADA the message "STRADA January Challenge 2021 registration" on Facebook with the account you will be using. If you need detailed instructions about how to do this, click here. We also need a first and last name with your registration.
- If you are using Instagram, Register for the competition by sending STRADA a message on Instagram @strada.easel and 'Follow' our page. If you need detailed instructions about how to do this, click here. We also need a first and last name with your registration.
- Do a painting or drawing from life each day (i.e. a work of art done while you are looking at the subject from life-not from a photo or imagination). These subjects may include still life, interiors, figure, and landscapes.
- Post the image of your piece for that day on your Facebook/Instagram page. You are welcome to post to the STRADA group "Strada painting and drawing from life" but this is not necessary for the competition. You are also welcome to post on other social media platforms but due to a large number of participants, we will ONLY be checking your daily progress on the Facebook page or Instagram page you registered from.
If you are using Facebook
- Before you post #1- make sure the post is being shared with the public and not just with friends. Before posting each day, double-check the dropdown menu button (above and to the right of the 'post' button) your posting window says 'public' and not 'friends' or 'only me'. (FYI-this does not make your entire page public...it only makes that post public)
- Before you post #2- remember to include the hashtag #stradaeasel and list the day (Day 1, Day 2, etc.) For example: when posting your painting on the first day, including the following text:
Day 1 #stradaeasel
Using the hashtag allows us to better track and share your progress on the STRADA group's Facebook page. We will try to share your work to the STRADA page as often as possible. However, due to a large number of participants, we will probably share your work once a week. If two weeks have passed and you still haven't seen a repost of your work to the STRADA page, click here.
If you are using Instagram
- Before you post #1-make sure your account is public. If it is not public, we can't see your work
- Before you post #2-make sure and post your paintings to your feed...not your story
- Before you post #3 -remember to include the hashtag #stradaeasel and list the day (Day 1, Day 2, etc.) For example: when posting your painting on the first day, including the following text:
Day 1 #stradaeasel
- We will share your Instagram posts on our 'Stories' twice a month.
It is your responsibility to see your posts are being shared regularly. We will send out a list each week with the names of those who are still in the challenge. If you are not on the list we are not seeing your posts.
After January 31:
If possible-at the end of the month post an image/collage of all of the paintings you have produced during the Challenge on your personal Facebook/Instagram page. This is not mandatory but is a great way to show the work you have done.
If you have drawn or painted and posted each day for thirty-one days straight, (the entire month of January) and followed all of the above rules, you will be qualified to win a STRADA Easel of your choice.
Several days after the end of the challenge we will post a list of the artists who have completed the challenge. It is your responsibility to check and make sure your name is on that list. We are not liable for participants contacting us after the drawing has occurred.
Winner's will be announced live within the week after the challenge ends.
In order to enter the challenge, you must be 18 years of age or older. If you are an international artist and win an easel we ask that you pay for shipping costs beyond $25 and you will be responsible for payment of any additional tariffs or taxes. (Check with your country's regulations...some require up to 35% tariff on the value of the easel.)
REMEMBER: It is your responsibility to make sure you are following the rules. If your name is drawn and you have not followed all of the rules, you will be disqualified from receiving an easel.
In order to get the most out of your 31 day challenge keep three things in mind:
1.Set a clear goal. 2. Use mindful repetition. 3. Have regular feedback.
You can share your STRADA hacks or check out the adaptations other artists have made to their STRADA systems by using the hashtag #stradaeaselhacks on Facebook or Instagram.
Outdoor painting is a sport as well as an art and the right equipment can make all the difference. Please check with your doctor before participating in any athletic activity. Paint Responsibly!
For more product info or to order go to www.stradaeasel.com.